Frequently Asked Questions

Got some questions?

We’re not surprised. Building a new home is a challenging but rewarding experience. 

We’ve answered a few frequently asked questions below.

Of course, sit down with one of our experienced sales consultants and create your dream home together.

A registered block of land possesses a title. This means you can own the land and build a home on it. 

Unregistered land is land that hasn’t yet gained council registration. This is typically done in new estates and allows you to enter a contract for the sale of land while it’s being developed.

Stamp (or transfer) duty is a government tax that comes with the purchase of land. The rules are regularly changing regarding stamp duty so it’s a good idea to understand how much you’ll have to pay before deciding to purchase land.

You can view the current rules on transfer duty here:

BASIX (Building Sustainability Index) is a government scheme introduced in 2004 designed to regulate and reduce water and energy consumption. 

A BASIX certificate is required when lodging new development plans and will provide us with the appropriate sustainability restrictions relating to your block of land.

A section 88B instrument details what positive covenants and easements affect a block of land. These are usually related to services such as sewer and stormwater.

A section 10.7 planning certificate contains information regarding development restrictions relating to a specific property.

Some information can include complying development, unlawful land use, and matters regarding hazards such as bushfires and flooding.

Both DA and CDC are two similar but different methods in obtaining building approvals. 

DA (Development Application) is typically through your local council and approvals can take up to 3 months (or sometimes even longer, depending on the scale of the project). Projects seeking DA approval must adhere to the local council’s rules & guidelines regarding new developments.

CDC (Complying Development Certificate) is typically completed through a private certifier and is often a quicker method of obtaining building approvals. Projects seeking CDC approval must adhere to state-level codes such as the Housing Code and Greenfield Housing Code, while also considering other rules such as Local Environmental Plans.

Scroll to Top